Pizzeria Prima Strada Blog Pizzeria

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Join us at Sea Cider's Apple Day - September 27 from 11 to 6


When Dionne at Sea Cider approached me about participating in Apple Days I was thrilled. Here's what I immediate thought of (and something I know few do), "Pizza and cider is a great pairing!" Honestly, I cannot say I came to this alone - although given some time and tasting, I'd like to think I would have. I was inspired by the cookbook The Silver Spoon.

The Silver Spoon is the most influential and successful cookbook in Italy. Here's my inspiration: Pizzas need fizzy drinks to stimulate the digestion. Beer is fine but those who prefer wine may chose a sparkling white preferably light, young and fruity. The editor forgot another sparkling fruit drink- cider! Light, young and fruity - Sea Cider's Kings & Spies (made in the Italian style) is a fantastic paring!

But don't take my word for it, come join us at Sea Cider on Sunday, September 27 from 11 am to 6 pm. We'll celebrate the apple and you can decide if you like Sea Cider Pippins, Wild English or King & Spies or another of their fabulous drinks. For more information, visit: http://www.seacider.ca/







No comments:

Post a Comment

visit www.pizzeriaprimastrada.com