Pizzeria Prima Strada Blog Pizzeria

Friday, October 8, 2010

Prima Profile #3

Pizzeria Prima Strada Primo Pizzaiolo / Executive Chef Matt Veillette has worked across Canada, Europe, New Zealand and Australia. After graduating from the Cordon Bleu in Ottawa, he apprenticed with chefs in Holland, France and Spain. Arriving at PPS via Quebec, Matt was attracted to Vancouver Island because of the long growing season and abundance of local produce available. He also really likes pizza.
Q. How long have you been with Prima Strada?
A. 1 year

Q. Where is your hometown?
A. Ottawa

Q. What's your favorite restaurant/food item in your home town?
A. Anything from my grandmas' house. It's not a restaurant but I crave it all the time.

Q. What's your favorite pizza?
A. Marinara...so simple...so good.

Q. What's your ultimate comfort food?
A. Tortos, at my grandma's house.

Q. Current favorite wine/beer or drink?
A. Driftwood Ale

Q. If you could go to one place for a week all expenses paid, where would you go?
A. Barcelona

Q. Best part of being with Prima Strada?
A. I get to eat the best pizza in town, whenever I want.

photo: Matt starts the fire in Black Beauty at Feast of Fields 2010

1 comment:

  1. Dear Matt,

    I am in a terrible situation. I carried on a love affair with your delicious pizza in Cook St Village for quite some time and it had to come to a devastating end. In October I moved to Toronto to follow a dream and I am now counting down the days until Christmas break so I can revisit my beloved pizza with pepperoni and marinara sauce. I don't know if you are aware of a restaurant here in Toronto called Queen Margherita Pizza http://queenmargheritapizza.ca/ but I went there last night hoping that it would be somewhat of a decent replacement but I was sorely disappointed. Nothing compares to the bond I share with Primastrata's doughy goodness.

    Devoted to Primastrata forever,

    Heidi
    heidi_bischoff@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete

visit www.pizzeriaprimastrada.com